Travelling through Colonial French Louisiana and its over 80 early American communities is divided into 12 distinct routes that can be explored separately, as you wish. In turn, the voyage gives rise to multiple potential tourism circuits of a cultural, historical or heritage character.
Each route has its own communities. Historical capsules provide a side perspective often crossing cultures and symbols.
You also have recourse to the map of the communities.
- Along the Gulf of Mexico
- In Louisiana’s Bayou Country
- Traveling up the Mississippi River
- Traveling up the Red River
- Traveling up the Arkansas River
- Traveling up the Missouri River
- The Missouri lead mines
- In the Illinois Country
- Along the Great Lakes
- From lake Erie to the Ohio River
- West of the Appalachians
- At the foot of the Rockies